Sculptor, draftsman and graphic artist Karel Pauzer was born on December 4, 1936 in Prague. From 1951 to 1955 he studied at the Secondary Industrial School of Housing Culture in Prague, from 1955 to 1961 in the studio of prof. Jan Kavan at the Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague. He has been exhibiting independently since 1969 (exhibitions in the Czech Republic, Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, Slovakia, Sweden and the USA). His works are represented in a number of prestigious public and private collections (Moravian Gallery in Brno, Aleš South Bohemian Gallery in Hluboká nad Vltavou, Klatovy / Klenová Gallery, Gallery of Fine Arts in Ostrava, Czech Museum of Fine Arts in Prague, National Gallery in Prague, etc.). . In 1992 he participated in the international symposium Tribute to Octavian Broggio in Litoměřice. Since 1990 he has been a member of the artistic field of Umělecká beseda in Prague, and since 1991 the Lipany group. He lives and works in Brunšov. The exhibition in Jindřichův Hradec presents large-scale biomorphic sculptures that Pauzer constructs as an organism, consisting of various elements derived from nature. These are various wings, leaves, claws, stems or tongues, open mouths, etc. They are modeled in polychrome ceramic clay, which is supplemented here and there by synthetic resin, in the form of wings. He often creates some kind of family or gang, which he seems to find in different moods. Some are hungrily straining their muzzles, like birds in a nest waiting for a bite from a parent, others are about to jump, others are holding a worried deciduous head ... The large-format drawings on the walls of the exhibition hall also depict various natural elements reminiscent of embryonic tissues, cell cultures, in a process of constant wobbling of life. A dog group made of ceramic clay basks in the sun on the grassy arm in front of the exhibition hall, which the author left the original color of the material except for certain polychrome elements.
The sculptor Hana Purkrábková was born on August 19, 1936 in Tábor. From 1951 to 1955 she studied at the Secondary Industrial School of Ceramics in Bechyně. She continued her studies from 1955 to 1961 with Professor Jan Kavan at the Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague. Since 1991, she has been a member of the renewed art department of Umělecká beseda in Prague. She has exhibited independently since 1977 at more than 30 exhibitions (Czech Republic, Belgium, Italy, Germany and the USA) and since 1962 she has participated in more than 70 group exhibitions (Czech Republic, France, Germany and the USA). Her works are represented in collections in the Czech Republic and abroad. From 1968 to 1992 she participated in international ceramic symposia in Czechoslovakia and the USA. In 1962 she received an Honorable Mention at the International Ceramics Exhibition in Prague and in 1987 an award at the Qualdo Taddino International Ceramic Competition in Italy. She lives and works in Brunšov. The statues of Hana Purkrábková are like a family album, because they are based on the images of people and animals that she meets and sees around her. Although they are sometimes portrayed with a slight irony, they show the kindness with which they embark on the given models. So we have several ladies who have taken on the role of exhibition guards, sitting stiffly when we look at them, but we feel like they will start talking as soon as we turn our backs on them. The sleeper yawns, the eater swallows his bite and the speaker completes his sentence. The individual expressions are given so faithfully and concisely.